WHO CAN APPLY
The aiM-NRT training program is open to two categories of students:
1. CURRENTLY ENROLLED DUKE STUDENTS: first year graduate students with an interest in AI/Data Science integrated with Materials Science as well as those whose Ph.D. research interests lie at this intersection.
• Complete aiM application form online (see link below). As part of that application you will need to:
o Upload your current CV (2 page max)
o Upload a short essay (1- page max) on why you are interested, your experience and skills relevant to aiM core areas
o Upload your unofficial Duke Transcript
o Ask your Duke advisor to email recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. APPLICANTS CURRENTLY APPLYING to GRADUATE SCHOOL at DUKE: we encourage applications to aiM from students who are applying to graduate school with an interest in AI/Data Science integrated with Materials Science. Your acceptance into the aiM-NRT program will be contingent on your acceptance into graduate school at Duke through one of the participating departments. To apply to the aiM program, please follow the steps below and email email@example.com when you have received your Duke graduate admission status.
• Apply to the Duke graduate school through one of the participating departments (see list below)
• Complete the aiM application form now (see link below) while you are awaiting Duke acceptance notification. As part of that application you will need to:
o Upload your current CV (2 page max),
o Upload a short essay, (1- page max) on why you are interested, your experience and skills relevant to aiM core areas.
o Upload your Undergraduate Transcript
o Ask a reference from your Duke grad school application to email your aiM NRT recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
A partial listing of the participating Duke units is provided below. However, graduate students from any relevant program are eligible to apply. Admission into aiM-NRT will be contingent upon student entrance into their respective graduate department at Duke.
Preference will be given to applicants who submit all application materials by February 15, 2021.
Links to Participating Units at Duke University (Partial Listing):
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Departments of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistical Science